Use of the website and Cynaptx products & services
- Cynaptx has primarily four types of users: higher education institutions (community colleges, business schools, universities etc.), students, alumni community and employers (companies, HR staff, recruiters etc.).
- Users or customers can access a range of propriety web-based software products and services through the website as well directly via specific URL.
- Cynaptx products provide a variety of features and functionalities including, but not limited to, user profile management, document upload, jobs and internship postings, event management, appointment scheduling, outcome analytics and data reporting etc.
- Employers may use Cynaptx products & services to post and share employment opportunities with colleges, universities, students and alums. Employers may also search student resumes posted on Cynaptx products & services if a student allow his/her resume to be visible and searchable. Employers when posting employment opportunities through Cynaptx products & services must comply with required laws and regulations such as equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination laws.
- Institutions of higher education may use Cynaptx products & services to manage their career centers and related operations. They may coordinate with students, alumni and employers. They can manage activities, events and appointments using one or multiple products and services.
- Students and alumni may use Cynaptx products & services when permitted by their respective institutions to search employment opportunities. Students and alumni can create their profile and upload documents such as resume, cover letter or transcripts using Cynaptx products & services. Students and alumni may also use Cynaptx products & services to coordinate with career services staff and participate in events.
- Cynaptx reserves the right to remove any data from the system at any time.
- Cynaptx is not responsible for the content or data uploaded or posted by users.
- Cynaptx has all the rights to determine the legitimacy of customers and users. We may decline your access any time due to illegitimacy of an account.
What we collect from users and customers
- We collect standard information such as name, personal or official information, mailing address, email address, phone number etc. when you contact us via our website, email or phone call. The interaction may be a wide range of reasons including general inquiries, learn about the company, request more information about Cynaptx products & services or feedback. We reserve the right to establish your legitimate identity either via a background check or by validating information provided by you.
- Institutions of higher education permit us within Cynaptx products & services to access, view, store and modify their data such as student data, employer/ recruiter contacts, jobs and internships, events, appointments, communications etc. This data is owned by individual users and not by any other entity.
- Students and alumni share/ store/ upload personal information, resumes, contact details, transcripts, social media related information etc. when they register and use Cynaptx products & services. They are allowed to update this data anytime based on the agreed upon rules by them, their institutions and Cynaptx.
- When employers and recruiters use our products and services, they allow sharing/ storing personal information including contact details, job/ internship postings etc. on our system. This data is owned by individual users and not by any other entity.
How we use and share information
- When you use Cynaptx products & services, your information is processed and stored with the information of other Cynaptx users. We consider each account as an entity whether you are a student, career services adviser, recruiter, alum or any other associate. We emphasize heavily on security and privacy of information related to each entity mentioned above.
- We usually do not use an individual’s personal information for analysis or sharing. However, we may use information of multiple users in aggregate for analytics and reporting.
- We may also share your personal information and other information you provide to a party as a result of change in control of the company. If Cynaptx is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified.
- Cynaptx may share specific user data with law enforcement agencies as and when requested.
Updating and removing of information
- After you register one of our products and services, you reserve the right to access, view and update the information you provided including your personal and profile information.
- Cynaptx will retain and maintain your information as long as your Cynaptx account is active.
- We will deactivate and/ or delete your account when you reach out to us with such a request. This request may need some time to process and is subject to validation before we take an action.
- After your Cynaptx account is closed/ deleted, we may retain some of the information if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or abuse in the future. The information may be used for legal matters as well.
- Cynaptx may deactivate/delete any account at any time at its discretion.
Security and protection of information
Cynaptx products & services use a secured, reliable and widely used public cloud infrastructure. In addition to the in-built security measures and protocols, Cynaptx deploys its own security and protection layers.
We use encryption for passwords. Only authorized Cynaptx employees can access to personally identifiable information of our users. Only authorized third parties may be granted limited access to user data as per the consent between parties in place.